Thursday, February 21, 2013

Poetry Recital

Journal Entry # 3
Topic: Poetry Recital
Date & Time: Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Place:  Bedroom

Yesterday, February 21, 2013, I delivered a poem in class. The poem that I chose was "You came too" by Nikki Giovanni. I like the poem because I find it very sweet. It's like love coming in to your life when you least expect it, moreover is that it follows you wherever you go. There will be someone who will always be there for you.

Overall, I like the activity of having a recital, however, it takes too much time. I have my other major subjects too, so its really difficult, and somehow a hassle. That's a problem I encountered. It requires a lot of time, to find a poem, to memorize it, to study about it, to practice delivering it and to create a  presentation of it. But somehow I enjoyed it. It reminded me of a Declamation Contest that I participated when I was in second year high school. It was so fun back then. Many people supported me and I won 2nd runner up. I think I like giving oral speeches or poems, but only the scripted ones or memorized ones. But like everyone else, I also felt nervous before my speech and during and even after my speech. I was nervous because I might forget the lines and nervous on how other people will judge my poem recitation. But in the end, whatever might or would've happen, I did my best and for me that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment